The European black truffle (Tuber melanosporum) is one of the most delicate and appreciated products in gastronomy since Roman times. But, do you really know what the truffle is? Do you know its production areas? Did you know that there are many species of truffles, but that only one species is the authentic European black truffle (Tuber melanosporum)? Do you know the differences between the authentic aroma of the fresh truffle and the added imitation aromas? Do you know the different qualities of truffles? Do you know how to use the truffle so as not to lose its qualities? Would you like to practice truffle tourism in Europe? .
If you are curious about these questions, this conference will help you discover the secrets of the truffle from the hands of our producers and experts. In addition, we invite you to enjoy a face-to-face tasting of fresh truffles brought directly from our production areas to the prestigious Culinary Institute of America in New York (USA).
We will wait for you!
Activities Program Trufforum New York
Discover the secrets of the black truffle of Europe: The Black Diamond of the Forest, appreciated in Kitchens Around the World Since Roman Times.
March 15, 2023 | The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), 1946 Campus Drive. Hyde Park, NY 12538-1499
Joaquin Latorre Minguell. European Mycological Institute.
Taylor Reid. Culinary Institute of America, NY, USA.
Ángel Moretón, e-Spain, Valladolid, Spain.
Fernando Martínez Peña. Center for Research and Food Technology, Aragón, Spain.
- Mark V.Erickson. Culinary Institute of America, NY, USA.
- Alain Ambialet. European Group Truffle and Truffle Farming, Europe
The black truffle (Tuber melanosporum) – A unique and inimitable product.
- Fernando Martínez Peña. Center for Research and Food Technology, Aragón, Spain.
The territories of the black truffle in Europe.
- Daniel Oliach, Center of Forest Science and Technology of Catalonia, Spain.
- Sebastien Diette, Alcina, Occitania, France.
The treasure hunt: the experience of producing and harvesting truffles.
- Ricardo Forcadell. Qilex-Mytruff, Teruel, Spain.
Trufitourism in Europe (online presentation).
- Joaquin Latorre. European Mycological Institute.
How to preserve the aromatic potential of the truffle? (online presentation)
- Laura Mateo-Vivaracho. European Mycological Institute.
What are the imitation aromas? (online presentation)
- Eva Guillamón. National Institute for Agri-food Research-Council for Scientific Research, Soria, Spain.
Cooking with truffles and how to pair it with wine
- Chef Elena Lucas and Sommelier Diego Muñoz. One Star Michelin Restaurant “La Lobita” Navaleno, Soria, Spain.
Live tasting of fresh European truffles
- Daniel Brito García-Mascaraque. Truffle Tasting Panel of the Association of Truffle Growers of Teruel, Spain.
How much have you learned today about the Black Truffle? SURVEY (Living-Lab Mycotour).
- Taylor Reid. Culinary Institute of America, NY, USA.
- Fernando Martínez-Peña. Center for Research and Food Technology, Aragón, Spain.